The Director of Premium Services is responsible for overseeing and directing the suites department, catering department, and club level operations to include concession stands, restaurant and multiple bar locations at CenturyLink Field, CenturyLink Field Event Center, and WaMu Theater. The Director will provide leadership in the execution of world class food & beverage experiences that exceed guest expectations and promote the highest levels of quality, service and presentation in the industry. The Director will assess, analyze and implement new strategies to increase the standards of the overall Food Service operation to properly align with the organizational covenants.
First & Goal Inc. (FGI) was formed by Paul Allen in 1997 after voters in the state of Washington approved the proposal to build a new Football/Soccer Stadium and Exhibition Center in Seattle, WA. Set just south of downtown Seattle, adjacent to the historic Pioneer Square neighborhood, and against the backdrop of snow-capped Olympic mountains, Mount Rainer and glistening Puget Sound, CenturyLink field is unlike any other stadium in the world. CenturyLink Field is also a standard-bearer for sustainability among sporting venues, employing Washington State’s largest solar array, compost and recycling programs, and energy-saving measures to make the field one of the greenest in the world. In 2017, First & Goal Hospitality (FGH) was formed to elevate the food and beverage experience at CenturyLink Field. First & Goal Hospitality is the exclusive food and beverage provider for CenturyLink Field and Event Center.
Home to the NFL’s Seattle Seahawks and MLS’ Seattle Sounders FC, the stadium also has played host to numerous concerts, international soccer events, the Washington Huskies and Washington State Cougars NCAA Football teams and the MLS Cup in 2009. Holding a capacity of 72,000, CenturyLink Field has quickly earned the reputation for being one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL. The city’s passionate fan base is unequivocally recognized by the organization, proudly crowning the fans the “12th man” on the field. The Seattle Sounders FC have continued the tradition of a fervent and avid fan base, quickly establishing themselves as a model MLS franchise and dedicated soccer marketplace with sellout crowds in every match, setting MLS records for average attendance and leading the league in season ticket sales. First & Goal also operates the CenturyLink Event Center and the WaMu Theater, increasing the programmatic opportunities and event space options of the complex for utilization year-round.
The Sounders have made the playoffs every season since their formation in 2009, including capturing the MLS Cup in 2016. Additionally, the Sounders have won four US Open Cups over the same nine years. Over a similar span, the Seahawks found equally as impressive success, having been to the playoffs in six of the last seven seasons and winning nine playoff games, including Super Bowl XLVIII in 2013.
If you are interested in the Director of Premium Services position, please do not contact First & Goal or the Seattle Seahawks as this will only delay your consideration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Premium Services will drive the premium food & beverage operation of the multi-property First & Goal facilities, including, but not limited to:
Strategy and Development
- Lead in development of the sales and marketing plan for suites, club and catering operations.
- Continuously strategize, develop and implement best practices including menu concepts, portion size and pricing to support high quality food & beverage with exceptional service.
- Continually monitor all aspects and areas of operation to ensure optimal quality and service. Work with leadership to challenge current service levels and incorporate change, improvements and/or enhancements, as necessary, that will drive a culture and experience that exceeds the needs and expectations of the customer.
- Implement and enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of all food and beverage operations.
- Implement procedures within the departments to establish and maintain customer service standards that are designed to ensure a positive and professional image and generate repeat business.
- Fully optimize all aspects of the operation that affect the internal and external experience, including, but not limited to: employee hiring and training, customer service delivery, ambiance, selection/product mix, presentation and quality.
- Partner with internal staff, as necessary, to properly incorporate all business needs into the Food Service operations, including sponsorship, facility operations, technology and marketing; build and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Operations and Leadership
- Oversee the development of catering and suite menus.
- Communicate and disseminate critical event information to department heads and staff members through daily/weekly meetings.
- Oversee the operation of catering events and restaurant operations.
- Participate in the planning and execution of all premium related events.
- Ensure staffing levels are appropriate for all events by using projected attendance figures, historical data and other staffing measurement techniques.
- Drive consistency and quality through maintaining visible presence throughout the operation and through conducting continuous walk-thrus.
- Coordinate cross functional/cross departmental collaboration for purposes of maximizing resources, fostering team relations and leveraging best practices.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company regulations regarding sale of alcohol, OSHA, payroll, employment and EEO guidelines.
- Communicate with direct reports to ensure efforts are aligned with unit and organizational financial objectives.
- Establish and oversee standard operating procedures for all departments and direct reports.
- Build and maintain positive, sustainable relationships with clients, purveyors and other external partnerships.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
In addition to possessing the necessary experience and skill set to achieve the tasks established above, the Director of Premium Services must also meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, business or a related field.
- A minimum of 7 years management experience in food service and/or equivalent management experience in stadium/arena/convention center with food service oversight responsibility.
- Proven record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals and creating revenue growth year to year in a food and beverage operation.
- Strong customer service focus and orientation. Proven record of raising professionalism and service standards.
- Comprehensive understanding of regulatory agency (health, liquor control, etc.) standards and requirements as well as industry best practices.
- Demonstrated experience managing a high volume food service operation in a large public assembly facility, preferably an arena or stadium.
- Demonstrated experience executing large catering events of 5,000 or more.
- Experience in operating and managing non-sports event activity such as corporate meetings, social events, etc. preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of POS systems required, preferably Bypass
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- Ability to perform effectively under significant pressure in a fast paced operation.
- Exemplary management skills. Ability to deal effectively with human resource and personnel problems; to deal constructively with conflict; to motivate, provide counsel and execute appropriate solutions.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.