This senior position will play an active role on the Chiefs Executive team. The role oversees the ongoing service initiatives of Arrowhead Stadium and surrounding property. The successful candidate will set the strategy for the guest experience to ensure Arrowhead Stadium delivers a best in class event experience to fans, customers and partners. Responsibility includes directing an existing team of leaders who oversee fan experience, parking and logistics, and event sales and services. This role is responsible for the development and implementation of service plans that ensure stadium and surrounding premises efficiencies.
Originally the Dallas Texans, the franchise moved to Missouri in 1963 where they officially became the Kansas City Chiefs. The one-time Super Bowl Champions have become notorious for their fan base, with the second highest attendance average in the NFL over the last 10 years.
Arrowhead Stadium has been the home of the Chiefs since 1972. The newly renovated stadium has the ability to hold 77,000 fans and is the 4th largest stadium in the NFL. Arrowhead Stadium was named “toughest place to play” for opposing teams by Sports Illustrated in 2006, which can be attributed to the loud nature of their fans.
Since the arrival of Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid and General Manager John Dorsey in 2013, the team has compiled a 43-21 regular season record. The Chiefs have qualified for the playoffs three of the last four seasons. In 2016, the Kansas City Chiefs finished 12-4 and won the AFC West. The Chiefs earned a first-round bye in the NFL playoffs and hosted a home AFC Divisional Game. The Chiefs also sent five representatives to the 2017 Pro Bowl, including Alex Smith, Dustin Colquitt, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce and D.J. Alexander.
Committed to the customer and the fan experience, the Kansas City Chiefs seek a leader of stadium services and events to build a one-of-a-kind, world-class experience for everyone who comes to Arrowhead Stadium. The Kansas City Chiefs have retained Turnkey Search to search, screen and recruit for the event and entertainment industry’s top fan experience and event service leaders for the Position.
If you are interested in the Position, please do not contact the Kansas City Chiefs as this will only delay your consideration. Please contact Turnkey Search directly.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the highest level of customer service and fan experience for all events at Arrowhead Stadium.
- Manage a team of four (4) direct reports across Event Services, Event Sales, Parking & Logistics, and Fan Experience, as well as work collaboratively with concession partners Levy, Aramark and Premier Parking; Responsible for overall staff of 16 full-time and over 1,000 gameday personnel.
- Support all activities related to Chiefs Training Camp at Missouri Western State University.
- Serve as a leader on the Executive Team; work collaboratively with colleagues across departments in setting strategies and initiatives affecting the fan and customer experience.
- Develop, manage and support fiscal responsibilities to the budget for Stadium Services, Fan & Stadium Experience, and Event Operations and Sales.
- Serve as the primary liaison with all state, local and national regulatory agencies ensuring facility and corporate adherence to required ordinances.
- Act as the “Manager on Duty” as assigned.
- Analytical Skills: Synthesize complex information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively.
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Share skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff.
- Oral Communications: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings. Able to think and react to situations confidently.
- Written Communications: Writes clearly and informatively.
- Change Management: Communicates changes effectively. Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change and monitors transition.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well. Readily accepts feedback from others and provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Displays enthusiasm, passion and optimism.
- Diversity: Demonstrates knowledge of the EEO policy and shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Trains and educates others on the value of diversity and promotes a harassment free environment.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Motivation: Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum of seven (7) years stadium, arena or venue services experience.
- Experience with an organization that has been through the Disney Institute Training and Customer Service program.
- Experience with relevant venue management systems and technology.
- Union relationship experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and online research.