The Research Director/Senior Manager’s role will be to contribute to all life stages of custom research projects – from study design to report preparation, including related internal and external communication. This position will be based in Haddonfield, NJ and requires interacting directly with all members of the custom research group, clients and vendors.
In March 2015, Turnkey Sports & Entertainment (Turnkey) was named by Forbes as one of the 10 Best Organizations to Work for in Sports. An established, industry-leading firm, Turnkey is a nimble, innovative company with a young core. We build our own software products, license others, and offer a solutions-based research approach to a diverse landscape of clients in sports and entertainment. Our research group is at the heart of everything we do.
For 20 years, Turnkey has been at the forefront of market research in sports and entertainment, becoming a trusted brand for smart, actionable business intelligence. Our clients value our triumvirate of specialties: sports and live entertainment, marketing, and consumer research. Turnkey specializes in services and software that enable properties, sponsors, venues, agencies, and other entities within sports and entertainment to monetize insights for improved business performance. We are a growing, dynamic and curious entrepreneurial company, and are looking to add a critical member to our research team.
Turnkey’s leadership and expertise in the sports marketing sector provides customized branding and sponsorship research for a variety of clients across every permutation of the industry. Over the last two decades, we have conducted hundreds of custom research studies for the league offices and the teams in MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL and NHL. With sponsorship impact studies performed for clients from AT&T, UPS and Hyundai, to media clients including ESPN and NBC Sports, Turnkey’s sponsorship expertise expands upon our already well-established property research experience.
Located in the quaint Philadelphia suburb of Haddonfield, NJ, Turnkey is looking for our next impactful team member to drive insights for current or potential clients in the sports and entertainment industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Client management: interact with key clients on a day-to-day basis, provide thought leadership and solve business problems
- Provide advisory support on client engagement and the creation and execution of client deliverables
- Insights delivery: craft compelling stories, translate data into insights that address key client business issues and are presented to the client in a straight-forward way
- Manage study fieldwork, both internally and utilizing third-party online panel providers
- Collaborate with counterparts on questionnaire design, survey programming and testing
- Serve as onsite fieldwork manager for teams of up to 12 data collectors; weekend work and travel may be required on occasion
- Conduct questionnaire review prior to survey programming and suggest improvements
- Contribute to the Quality Assurance protocol for all survey research programs
- Act as troubleshooter and problem-solver throughout life cycle of projects
- Analyze data from various sources and prepare study reports
- Be a fresh voice in our never-ending quest to optimize our processes and grow our business
- A team player
- Highly organized and process-driven individual, with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Tremendous attention to detail
- Problem solver with “can-do” attitude
- Adeptanalytical thinking; can find the underlying themes hiding in a morass of data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable presenting both in-person and remotely
- Outgoing, gregarious and accommodating personality, with the ability to develop relationships, build consensus and deliver candid but thoughtful feedback
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Major in Psychology, Economics, Sports Marketing, Business or Statistics is a plus
- 5 to 7 years’ experience managing quantitative research studies and interfacing with clients to proactively deliver on agreed KPIs; including people management experience.
- Experience with advertising testing, brand health tracking and other marketing research techniques
- Keen ability to recognize and articulate “the story”
- Customer service experience in a client- or consumer-facing position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office as well as Web 2.0 applications
- Proficiency or understanding of advanced analytical techniques
- Experience with one or more statistical software packages, e.g., SPSS, SAS, R, R+, Minitab, etc.
- Experience with online survey platforms, e.g. Survey Monkey, Qualtrics, Verint, etc.
- Master’s degree
- Experience in the sports and entertainment industry