The Turnkey Search Recruiting Associate (the “Associate”) will focus his or her energy on our executive search practice. This role is all-encompassing. The Associate will create and develop relationships with executives in sports and live entertainment. The Associate will support the Managing Director and CEO for search related needs. Specifically, the Associate will assist the recruiters in:
- Researching, developing, contacting, and updating candidate target list
- Providing research (facts and history) on current clients as they pertain to the position Turnkey has been retained to fill and organize information in a format which can be sent to potential candidates
- Conducting informational interviews and position/search specific interviews with potential candidates
- Assisting the Managing Director in sales processes: prospecting new clients, arranging and coordinating phone meetings with target organizations
Turnkey Sports & Entertainment (Turnkey) is an agency dedicated to servicing professional teams, leagues, college athletic departments, collegiate conference offices, governing bodies, facilities, associations, brands, agencies and vendors all within the sports and entertainment industry. The agency specializes in two key practice areas:
- Turnkey Search: the sports industry market leader in executive search, professional executive coaching and training, resume writing, job boards, applicant tracking systems and human resource services.
- Turnkey Intelligence: provider of a wide range of insights, analytics and data solutions to the sports and entertainment industry via our custom product suite. Our range of products include: the Turnkey Research Network, Surveyor, and Prospector. Our range of services include: Project Design, Full Service Research and Field Work.
As a leader in executive search and research, our 21+ year experience includes a client list featuring University of Michigan Athletics, Citigroup, Ticketmaster, US Masters Swimming, Georgetown University, the San Jose Sharks, Pittsburgh Steelers, LA Marathon, Kansas City Chiefs, Women’s Tennis Association, NFLPA, PGA Tour, Miami Dolphins, Edmonton Oilers, Chicago Cubs, and many, many more.
We are a growing, dynamic and curious entrepreneurial company. Our work environment is fun and energetic. We are looking to add the next piece to our team that will help us over-service and anticipate the future needs of the fast-paced sectors of sports and entertainment.
Located in beautiful and quaint Haddonfield, NJ, a suburb approximately 10 miles east of Philadelphia, Turnkey Sports and Entertainment provides an appealing working environment and is extremely well-positioned for continued growth. All employees are based out of Turnkey’s corporate headquarters.
This person will be responsible for assisting in all executive search functions for Turnkey Search including, but not limited to, the following:
- Proactive and assertive outbound recruiting/cold calling of candidates for positions Turnkey manages
- Analysis of resumes from applicants and prospective candidates
- Interviewing top candidates for recommendation to our client
- Creation and delivery of all correspondence and status reports to client
- Maintaining regular contact with clients and applicants
- Maintaining contact management software
- Reference checking and salary negotiation with guided assistance from the Managing Director and CEO
- Monitoring and utilizing our Applicant Tracking System (Greenhouse) and all online applicants
- Participating in meetings with other partners of Turnkey
- Canvassing the sports industry and related industries for prospective new clients
- Developing strategies to increase the awareness, market presence and market share of Turnkey’s executive search practice area
- Maintain notes on all contacts through Greenhouse and Microsoft CRM
- Any other tasks, as assigned by senior staff to support the overall goals of this company
- Tremendous work ethic and a passionate interest in pursuing a career in sports
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, human resources, sports management, or related fields
DESIRED SKILLS & CHARACTER TRAITS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Rigorously detail-oriented
- Tremendous listener with ability to proactively probe, ask questions and understand both clients’ needs and candidates’ experiences
- Enjoys cold-calling and developing relationships and rapport with strangers; able to build trust instantly and establish credibility with clients and candidates
- Highly organized and regimented with proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker
- Self-starter but also strong team player with proven ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Able to take direction and desire to be mentored and coached by senior staff to excel as a recruiter