Turnkey Sports & Entertainment offers internship opportunities for smart, professional, and motivated college students and/or graduate students to assist our team and gain an unparalleled opportunity to learn the sports business. The successful candidate will be hard working, detail-oriented, and have a passionate interest in pursuing a career in sport management, recruiting and/or research.
Turnkey Sports & Entertainment (Turnkey) is an agency dedicated to servicing professional teams, leagues, college athletic departments, collegiate conference offices, governing bodies, facilities, associations, brands, agencies and vendors all within the sports and entertainment industry. The agency specializes in two key practice areas:
- Turnkey Search: the sports industry market leader in executive search, professional executive coaching and training, resume writing, job boards, applicant tracking systems and human resource services.
- Turnkey Intelligence: provider of a wide range of insights, analytics and data solutions to the sports and entertainment industry via our custom product suite. Our range of products include: the Turnkey Research Network, Surveyor, and Prospector. Our range of services include: Project Design, Full Service Research and Field Work.
As a leader in executive search and research, our 18+ year experience includes a client list featuring Georgetown University, the San Jose Sharks, Pittsburgh Steelers, LA Marathon, Kansas City Chiefs, Women’s Tennis Association, NFLPA, PGA Tour, Miami Dolphins, Edmonton Oilers, Chicago Cubs, and many, many more.
We are a growing, dynamic and curious entrepreneurial company. Our work environment is fun and energetic. We are looking to add the next piece to our team that will help us over-service and anticipate the future needs of the fast-paced sectors of sports and entertainment.
Located in beautiful and quaint Haddonfield, NJ, a suburb approximately 10 miles east of Philadelphia, Turnkey Sports and Entertainment provides an appealing working environment and is extremely well-positioned for continued growth. All employees are based out of Turnkey’s corporate headquarters.
The Turnkey Recruiting and Database Marketing Intern (the “Intern”) will focus his or her energy on our executive search practice and database health and maintenance. This role is all encompassing. The Intern will act as an assistant to the Executive Recruiting Team for search related needs, as well as the Vice President of Marketing for support with database marketing.
- Facilitate the creation of Turnkey Candidate Profiles by troubleshooting any potential candidates who have questions or problems with creating profiles.
- Research, develop, contact, and update candidate target list for searches.
- Track candidate progress reports via CRM.
- Assist in the development of position descriptions, candidate memos, contact reports and business development collateral on behalf of Turnkey Search.
- Canvas the sports industry and related industries for prospective new clients and candidates.
- Provide research and background information on current and prospective clients and positions; organize information in a format which can be sent to potential candidates.
- Oversee day-to-day health and operations of the database including adding/updating contacts, accounts, documents and data to ensure all information is up to date and readily available.
- Assist in strategizing and developing rules, workflows and best practices to streamline operations and create greater overall efficiency for both Turnkey Search and Turnkey Intelligence.
- Maintain and update internal systems including Turnkey CRM, Turnkey Sports Poll, Turnkey Candidate Profiles, etc.
- Participate in meetings with other partners of Turnkey.
- Any other tasks, as assigned by the recruiting and marketing teams.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Tremendous work ethic and a passionate interest in pursuing a career in recruiting/human resources or database marketing/management.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree, preferably in business, management systems, human resources, psychology, sociology, or related fields
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Rigorously detail-oriented
- Highly organized and regimented with proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Strong team player with proven ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Experience working with Microsoft CRM or similar CRM systems preferred, but not required